Friday, September 2, 2011

Books I read this week:
The Gaurdian by Nicholas Sparks
Tan Lines by Katherine Applegate

Pages this week: 152
Pages this semester: 335

Favorite sentences this week:
1. She told herself all these things and repeated them almost like a mantra, as if the words would give her the strength to go.
-The Gaurdian
2. He met her eyes, staring as if he were seeing her for the first time.
-The Gaurdian
3. "Call me strange, but i sort of like life on the pedestal."
-The Gaurdian

The first sentence is probably my favorite out of the three. It is talking about a woman who is in an abusive relationship and she is trying to find the strength to leave to say her life and her son's. It is sad and powerful but I want her to find the strength. The second sentence is cheesy and lovie dovie, who doesn't love that stuff? The third sentence just made me laugh, I like to live life on the edge and on the pedestal. It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment