Friday, September 16, 2011

Poet of September

My top three poems of September :

1. "The Trail is Not a Trail." - Gary Snyder
2. "Gee, You're so Beautiful That It's Starting to Rain." - Richard Brautigan
3. "I Said it to You." - Paul Eluard

For some reason, the poem, "The Trail is Not a Trail," reminds me so much of a country song. It makes me feel like I'm riding in a truck down an old dirt road. It is just like a song I heard on the radio this morning. It goes "Horns are honkin' I've about had it, well I'm lookin' for an exit sign. Gotta get out of here get it all off my mind. Makes me wanna take a back road, makes me wanna take the long way home. Put a little gravel in my travel. Tear down some two lane country and get lost with my soul. Makes me wanna take, makes me wanna take a back road." The feeling when you take a long country drive is the best feeling ever. It clears your mind more than anything else I have ever done. There is nothing better than just taking a trail to an old dirt road and letting the window down to feel the wind against your skin. To me, it doesn't get any better than that. The second poem is so romantic that it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:) Who doesn't love a nice romantic poem every once in a while. If I had someone to read love poetry to, I would read one to them once a day. If someone read me a love poem I would feel like I was so important to them, it would make my day. I'd like to make someone's day. And the third one, another romance. What can I say? I just love romance. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment