Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently Week 4

Books I have read this week:
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Pages this week: 76
Pages this semester: 734

Sentences of the week:
1. I want to live life on my own terms. -Rules of Attraction

2. "It's called bein' a panocha. It's not natural for a guy to be with one girl, Alex. I'm a free agent and I plan to stay one forever." - Rules of Attraction

3. "Do you believe in love at first sight?" - Rules of Attraction

The first sentence was actually the first sentence of the book. It grabbed my attention like a little kid screaming during Sunday Mass. That is the way so many teenagers today think, I know I do sometimes. It was so relateable and made me interested in the book right off the bat. The second sentence just made me laugh out loud. It's a guy named Carlos who is a complete ladies man telling his brother that men can't be with just one girl at a time. He is saying he should break up with his girlfriend and be a free agent just like him. Talk about playin' the field. Do you believe in love at first sight? Is it really possible to fall in love with someone the second you see them for the first time? Is there an instant bond pulling you together when you have never even spoken a word to each other? I have no idea, it has always been a mystery to me. Maybe I'll find out someday, or maybe I will never really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment