Friday, August 26, 2011

Currently

The Gaurdian by Nicholas Sparks


Pages this week: 183
Pages this semester: 183

Sentences of the week:

1. "Thanks for coming to my rescue. You're worthless in an emergency." - The Gaurdian

2."That fella sure is ugly." - The Gaurdian

3. The evening wore on and the sky deepened in color, unveiling the stars. -The Gaurdian

While I read sentence number one I couldn't help but laugh out loud. It sarcastic and I love when a book is like that. It makes it seem extremely real because that is how a lot of people talk in real life.
Sentence number two speaks for itself. If you don't laugh at that when you read it something is wrong with you!
When I read sentence number three it made me think more in depth about what happens when the sky gets dark. It was cool to think that as the sky deepens in color the stars are unveiled. I just loved the way he worded it.

1 comment:

  1. I like your background. The sentence where it said "...You're worthless in emergencies" is so funny. I don't know if you thought it was funny but it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete