Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Luxe

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiljYjZA5MMTAA3wIQ0KuakYazRQCulcU0BdYu4r71wW9_qELTUqugz9dj_GC-_UxD67jNiw1xszdEoDzXZvtMyt6mY8orm_ErSKCptGwVte3X5IU-Hw80Od71mJGucoIQ-kTqFQaKGm1g/s1600/Luxe%252C+The+2.jpg
I started a new book this week called The Luxe since I finished my old book last week. It is kinda hard to follow, but yet I can't seem to put it down. The setting is in 1899 so the way people live and communicate is much different than how we live today. The way they talk draws me in because it is so foreign to me grabs my attention immediately. Also, in the first chapter it takes place at 18 year old Elizabeth Holland's funeral. Then the next chapter goes back in time and starts to tell the story of her and her sister Diana. Pretty girls in pretty dresses, partying until dawn. Irresistible boys with sly smiles and dangerous intentions. White lies, dark secrets, and scandalous hookups all happen within the first chapter. This is Manhattan 1899. Elizabeth and Diana Holland rule Manhattan's social scene. But when the girls discover their family's status is far from secure, suddenly everyone is a threat to their golden future. Set in a world of luxury and deception, this thrilling trip to the age of innocence is anything but innocent. Just a little exert from the book, it is so enticing and juicy, I can't wait to see what happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment