Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

?: Where and when did you find yourself sitting down to read? Do you tend to read with music on, or in silence? By the computer? Did you find yourself checking your phone a lot, or do you ever lose yourself in the reading? Do you ever talk about the books you read with your family or friends or teachers?

Before this class I never read. I read a book only if I had to and it wasn't a book that I picked or looked forward to spend time getting lost in it. This class pushed me in the way that I needed. As the semester went on I looked forward more and more to crawling under the covers in complete silence and get lost in my book. My grandpa always used to tell me that if you have a good book you will always have a friend. I never understood what he meant until this class. He's the kind of guy you don't see out in public without a book and can read a 500 page book in a day. This class made me relate to him more and helped me realize that reading can be so exciting and amazing if you let it. I found myself getting in bed earlier in complete silence just to read my book. I got to pick books that I was interested in and got to a point where I couldn't put them down. I now pick up my book before I pick up the remote. This class has changed my view of entertainment and getting absorbed in the life of a book is definately better than killing my brain cells watching TV. Now I look forward to piece and quiet after a long day with my new best friends. My books.

No comments:

Post a Comment